Sunday, August 30, 2009

toadstool


I saw this toadstool in the front yard which just seemed to pop-up through the grass overnight. One day it was just suddenly there. It is about the size of a closed fist which I think for toadstools is large.

The very next day I went out in the yard to see how it was doing and it opened up like an upside down flower. I didn’t realize that it was going to do that. I guess all of the rain has these things sprouting up. Sometimes it seems that the yard is an ecological wonder with its rich diversity of plant life, both flowering and non-flowering. Oh yes, there is also plenty of insect life, salamanders, toads, and most anything else that you can think of. Have a good day. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

The toadstool reminds me of the mushrooms I buy at the store to add to the spaghetti sauce.Unfortunately, wild stuff like toadstools are hard to destroy. At least it isn't sandspurs.