Sunday, August 9, 2009

playmate


Playmate. Tammy has a best friend and playmate. It is the feral cat who hangs around here by the name of Tony. They get along real good together and spend the day either playing or wrestling or just being close-by to each other watching the world go by.

It is good that she has another cat to keep her company. He is a male and she is a spayed female. Tony is wild and we can’t get close to him and so he doesn’t enjoy quite all of the luxuries that she has of air conditioned home, soft bed, and the best of food. Tony “hunkers” down somewhere but I don’t know where. Sometimes he will come into the garage to lay down. He gets cat food every day in the garage to eat and plenty of water to drink. So he gets the essentials but not the perks that Tammy gets.

It is August and I am counting down the days until September 1. The humidity is just making the heat oppressive. But it won’t be long before the heat cools off some. Besides, on Tuesdays, the movie theater is air conditioned and the popcorn is great. We will be going to the movies for sure the next two Tuesdays. Here’s hoping that everyone (including myself) have a chilly day. I know. I know. But I can hope can’t I?
Think cool. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

I hope you get to see the Meryl Streep Jule Julia about Julia Childs. It is suppose to be a real good movie. I haven't seen it yet, but I hope soon to see it.