Tuesday, June 30, 2009

artist at work


This is a picture of the back of the house. In the window to the right of the window air conditioner is Mary sitting at the dining room table doing her painting. She was wearing a light colored blouse and so you can just barely see her.

Here is a close-up view and you can definitely see her now. The bright spot on her head is a fancy bejeweled barrette in her hair. Here is a lighter version of the previous picture in case that was too dark.
I always sit at the dining room table right by the window air conditioning unit. Actually I sit right in front of the air conditioner with the air blowing onto me. I like to be as close as possible to the source of the cold air. I do my studying here as well as using my laptop. Also, from 5:00 am to 7:00 am this is where you will find me either studying or writing a blog on my laptop. Plus, I always start the day with a game of solitaire on the laptop sitting here while having a cup of coffee and some toast, then it is on to the studying and blogs. I walked out the back door this morning while it was still dark and looked up at the sky and there were the three bright stars called the summer triangle. The summer solstice has passed and now the days will begin to get shorter and shorter until the winter solstice when everything reverses and the days once again start to get longer. But for now, with each passing day the temperatures keep edging up into the hotter range. Sort of reminds me of the song by Buster Poindexter called Hot, Hot, Hot. I liked his singing and he always portrayed himself as a lounge lizard. As I do each year, I just dread the coming of August with its high heat and stifling humidity. But August is still a month away and today is Tuesday which means movie day at the mall. Today we will see the movie Transformers. Mary has already printed out her coupon for a free popcorn. That is a pretty good coupon when you see what a bag of popcorn at the movies costs nowdays. This morning I get a haircut but unlike Sampson of olden times who had Delila cut his hair, my hair cutting will be done at Great Clips because we have a coupon for a $5 haircut (normally $12). Aren’t coupons great? We saw a good movie on a library DVD yesterday called A Beautiful Mind starring Russell Crowe based on a true life story. It was a sad and moody movie. Definitely not one to cheer you up. But it really stirred the emotions within. Dawn is breaking and it is time to go. Have a cold glass of soda and a good-sized slice of green key lime pie to cool the day. Lew








No comments: