Monday, June 15, 2009




SQUIRREL FEAST

I have finally seen a squirrel using the squirrel feeder and he is having quite a feast. I am giving him (or maybe her) the wild bird seed that was meant for the bird feeder and the cardinals. The squirrel just chows down on it. Plus this way he doesn’t have to come all the way down to the ground to eat where all kinds of dangers lurk.

He can now eat in the tree in relative safety. But what about water? How can he get a drink of water?

Not to fear, I have wedged a small can with water in it in the tree. I see the water disappearing along with the seeds and so the squirrel is drinking the water also. This good because peanuts make me thirsty also. Lew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The squirrels and birds are very lucky to have you around. You are very kind to all animals.