Tuesday, June 9, 2009

squirle feeder


This is the squirrel feeder that Mary built. We used scrap lumber for this because it is an experimental prototype as they say. I had initially set a small cat food can on the shelf with the seeds in it. I figured that the can could act as a food dish for storing the seed. But something kept knocking the can off of the shelf onto the ground spilling the seed all over the ground. This happened about 4 or 5 times before I gave up on that idea. I have tried pouring the seed directly onto the shelf itself as shown in the picture above. So far this seems to be working better. Only time will tell for sure. As you can see they have a nice variety of seeds. For lunch today we had open-faced meatball sandwiches and for supper we had oriental pork chops with fried rice. The pork chops were fried and then Mary poured some soy sauce over them and some white wine to deglaze the pan. She made the fried rice from scratch adding in a generous amount of scrambled egg and some scallion greens. Where would oriental cooking be if it weren’t for scallion greens. The days just seem to go by so quickly. It rained here this afternoon but, hey, this is Florida and afternoon rains are to be expected. Plus the rains make everything grow. Have a good day and if you go shopping don’t forget your raincoat. I don’t like umbrellas because they remind me of lightning rods. You say that lightning would never hit the umbrella? You’re talking to the wrong guy about that since I have some personal experience along those lines. Be good. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

I like Won Ton soup. If I am at a Chinese Buffet, I will mix the Won Ton soup with the Egg Drop soup. They sure give you a generous amount of food from the Chinese takeout. The squirrel setup looks like a good one.