Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grumpy's


I don’t have a degree in marketing but is Grumpy’s a good name for ice cream? It sounds unhappy. I think that I would change the name to something a bit more cheerful or appetizing.

Mary and I elected not to eat at the concession stands but to go to the Speckled Bean Café instead. We had eaten at various concession stands in the past and I was surprised by the prices that they charge (high) and the quality of the food (poor). But I guess that they are a traditional part of Americana. Plus they all usually do a pretty good business at flea markets, parades, shows, etc. I like hot dogs but Mary has spoiled me by broiling them when she makes them instead of boiling them. I like fried or broiled better. We had chili dogs for lunch a couple of days ago. The chili was mild and good and the hot dogs were of course broiled. Some people actually like to put ketchup on their hot dogs. I have tried it because I saw someone else putting ketchup on. It tasted terrible. I scraped the remaining ketchup off and put my traditional relish, mustard and onion on. Sometimes at the fairs you can get food treats that are only available only from concessions at those type of events. Fun food. Now that you know everything that there is to know about the Webster flea market from these three blogs, this is the last blog on the flea market. I promise. Everyone have a nice day. Lew



1 comment:

seaside said...

At least you got to taste a bit of Americana. The riches of hotdogs.