Monday, May 18, 2009

Lilly


Here is a group of a large number of lilies that Mary has growing alongside the house. They must be perennials because they keep growing back each spring. Each winter they freeze off and I wonder if they will be back come spring, but they always do come back. They are zero maintenance because we don’t have to do anything to them. They just grow and come back each spring on their own. Finally something that grows well. Lillies remind me of Lillian because once she told me that her mother calls her Lilly which is a pretty nickname and a nice one.

I know that the sign on the roof is not the same way that Lillian spells her maiden name but it always reminded me of her each time I went to Downtown Disney and passed by it. And surprisingly, I have never tried one of the pretzels. I always find Downtown Disney such a pleasure and relaxing to casually stroll around. It is a fantasy world and a wonderful escape from the real world. Got problems? Go to Downtown Disney and the problems will gradually melt away. Of course, the moment that you drive out of the parking lot, you are back into the real world and your problems are back. But at a temporary reprise has been had for a little while at least. Have a magical day and enjoy life to the fullest. Lew



1 comment:

seaside said...

I heard her dad call Lillian (Lilly). It struck me as unusual because I was use to hearing Lillian ever since I have known her. She is probably staying real busy with her family and unpacking.