Wednesday, May 6, 2009



I saw this black grasshopper on my sunflower plant in the backyard. I am use to seeing green grasshoppers and so this black one was quite a curio. So out comes the camera to snap a picture for the blog site to see if anyone else has seen this kind of grasshopper. I used Mary’s camera with the 12 megapixel picture size which is why the resolution is so good. I told Mary once again that I wanted a new camera with higher resolution for my birthday. Today for lunch we went to Arby’s and got free fruit flavored iced tea. I had the blackberry flavored iced tea and Mary had the peach flavored iced tea. Both tea’s were sugar free and sweetened with Splenda which is probably the best artificial sweetener on the market. The peach flavored iced tea was so much better than the blackberry iced tea. We both had a roast beef sandwich and split a medium curly fries. And yes, I drowned my curly fries in ketchup which is the way that I like them. Mary says that she has never seen anyone who likes ketchup as much I do. All thanks to my childhood friend Virgil Ronk and the ketchup sandwich that he shared with me once. After lunch we returned home and Mary did some painting and I watched some documentary footage on television about the war in the Pacific. I am also reviewing some archived files on CD’s that I have. Since each CD only holds about 700 megabytes, there are quite a few of them. I now have an external hard drive that I use for archiving and storage. It is 120 gigabytes and I have half of it used up already. Tonight we are going to have the last of barbeque pulled pork for supper with potato salad and garlic toast made from the thick sliced Texas bread. Tomorrow it will be off to Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch for our free meals thanks to Seaside. By the way every Wednesday Arby’s has a different free item so we plan on going to Arby’s each Wednesday for the free stuff. After all, the price is right. Have a good day value shopping and let me know if you find any good deals. Bon apetit (Voyager, did I spell apetit correctly?). Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

I hope you got rid of the grasshoppers. You don't want the leaves to the sunflower eaten up. Our sunflowers haven't bloomed yet, but they are getting big.