Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tiffany


Today was the day that I fixed the Tiffany lamp. The lamp has a pull chain and the on-off switch on one of the bulbs worked intermittently. I had already replaced the bulb socket for the other bulb about 6 months ago. But now I couldn't remember exactly how I had done it. I just knew that I had a multitude of minor problems which made the replacement take a long time. So in essence I had to "reinvent the wheel" all over again and make the same mistakes as I had made the previous time. Each time I made a mistake I would then remember having done it the first time and I would say to myself "Oh yeah, now I remember that". The lamp is made out of cast metal and is quite heavy. The colored glass in the shade is real colored glass, not that cheap plastic stuff. Mary got a quality lamp. She had to special order it from a manufacturer who makes nothing but lamps.


Mary and I did our civic duty yesterday and voted in the early voting. I am sure that our candidates will win by at least 2 votes. Who did I vote for? I can't tell you that. You will just have to wait and see who wins and then you will know who I voted for.


The air conditioning man came today. The central air had been icing up "big time" on the coils in the air handler. He said that the freon was low and he filled it up from a large tank that he had. He also made a check of the coils in the air handler for leaks but didn't find any. He charged $ 147. I think that I should go into the air conditioning business. He said that he could check further for leaks but that it would cost $ 140 per hour and that it would take him 1 hour. I told him that I wanted to wait and see if the unit iced up again and if it did then we would go the $ 140 per hour route. Fortunately, the cold weather is coming and pretty soon we may not need the air conditioning.


Here is the morning dawn.

Does that look like the sun coming up on the left side of the picture? No, it is just a street light which keeps fooling me for a second or two each time I see it. I like the early morning dawn because it is a new day with a fresh start. Yesterdays problems are forgotten and I look forward to what new adventures the day may bring. Early in the morning it is cool and so peaceful with the stillness and the quiet. Have a great day and tomorrow get up a little extra early and step outside and enjoy the dawn. Lew

No comments: