Sunday, March 28, 2010

fleur-de-juniper


These have to be the world’s smallest flowers. I had quite a time trying to get a picture of them. I had to put a magnifying glass in front of the lens of my camera to get an extreme close-up because they are extremely small. They are on the juniper bush in the back yard.


If you look closely at the juniper bush you can see little tiny white specks. These are the flowers. I have walked by the bush so many times and never took a really close look at the flowers. It took the camera with magnifying lens to see what was really there. The small almost microscopic world is like another whole world in itself. I also saw several lady bugs on a branch of the bush. I suppose to them the juniper flowers probably seem quite large. I must admit that the flowers are a little strange looking but then they say that each day you should learn one new thing and I guess that this was my new thing for the day. The cat house sits in the shade of the juniper bush and is quite comfy but the cat won't have anything to do with it. She prefers the air conditioned big house instead. A very fussy cat. But spring is here and flowers are blooming everywhere in the yard making the honey bees quite happy. Lots of picture opportunities. If only I could get a hummingbird or two to start hanging around. Have a nice day and try to stay dry today if you live in Florida (heavy rains are predicted for today). Lew




1 comment:

Miles said...

Maybe it's not a juniper. I'm no expert but I think that's a Thuja