Saturday, February 27, 2010

rising moon


This the moon rising in the early evening. I keep trying to get a good picture of it. Although this is a color picture, I think that close-ups of the moon look better in black and white and so I converted a close-up to the black and white format.

I guess that this is about the best that I can do. Today is a cold drizzly day. We had originally planned to go to the flea market in Sanford called Flea World. It is one of those indoor flea markets. After the flea market we were planning to go to see the Senator which is a huge cypress tree. I mean really huge. The walk to the Senator is along an elevated boardwalk through the swamp. The swamp seems so primordial that you would expect to see a Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur come through the jungle at any moment. It makes for a very pleasant walk with pretty scenery. Unfortunately a combination of the rain and cold weather caused us to scrap our plans. So it will be a trip to Winn Dixie instead to take advantage of their “buy one, get one free” sale. Plus we have a coupon for $ 10 if we buy $ 50 worth of groceries. I don’t think that we will be spending that much but it doesn’t take very much meat to get the cost up pretty quick. Have a nice day, stay dry, and be grateful that we are having rain instead of snow. Time for a cup of hot chocolate. Lew

No comments: