Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm looking over.......................


I'm looking over a four-leaf clover

That I overlooked before

One leaf is sunshine, the second is rain

Third is the roses that grow in the lane

No need explaining, the one remaining

Is somebody I adore

I'm looking over a four-leaf clover

That I overlooked before

I loved to sing that song as a young child. It is such a cheerful fun song. I came across this in the backyard and the petals looked as if it might be clover but the plant seems too big and the flower is wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Don’t the leaves have three petals shaped like those of a clover? No matter what, the flowers are pretty. Have a good day and go on a backyard safari exploring for pretty wildflowers and four-leaf clovers.

Mary and I joined the Denny’s restaurant email club and today we each got a coupon for a free hamburger and french fries for each of us. Knowing what the hamburgers cost at Denny’s, this is a pretty good deal and Mary and I are going to take our coupons to Denny’s on Tuesday and relish the taste of their hamburgers. No movies on Tuesday because the really isn’t anything that we care to see so the trip to Denny’s will take the place of the movie theater free popcorn. Make it a special day and have a cheery word for someone to brighten their day. Lew