Monday, April 13, 2009

fungi



I saw this on the ground in the backyard. It is fungi growing on an old tree stump that was cut close to the ground. I was stunned by the beauty of it. I mean I know that it is only a fungi but the colors were so intense. The surface of the fungi had a leathery appearance to them. Beauty exists everywhere and you just never know where it is going to pop-up. Yes, I am one of those people who stops to smell the flowers. This is just part of my long-standing appreciation of nature. I just wish that the bush called forsythia would grow here in Orlando but I am told that it is a northern plant. I also have a fascination with wildflowers. Typically the flowers are small but the colors are usually very intense. By the way, I don't have weeds in my yard. I prefer to call them wildflowers. They are just too pretty to be weeds. Everyone have a nice cool day.

No comments: