Monday, July 27, 2009

Lillian's Gift

Lillian’s Gift

Isn’t this an absolutely magnificent flower. The colors are so intense. This flower was grown from a seed from the packet of wildflowers that Mary and I got at the reception of Lillian’s wedding.

Just look at how straight and tall it has grown. I would estimate its height at about three. It grew so tall so fast that it sort of reminds me of the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. I wonder if any of the other people had luck growing flowers from their seeds from the wedding.

She had a very nice wedding and Mary and I had a great time. Thank you Lillian for the wildflower seeds. They are a gift that keeps giving as they say. Yesterday Mary and I went to the library and Publix and got caught in one of those famous Florida tropical downpours replete with thunder and lightning. I am confident that Lillian remembers what the Florida downpours are like. But then up north in the winter those little raindrops freeze into snowflakes. So which is better, raindrops or snowflakes? At least with raindrops we can be "Singing in the Rain" and sayin g "raindrops keep falling on my head". Thanks again Lillian for the wildflower seeds. I am big on wildflowers. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

Both mom and I were amazed how nice the plant turned out. At least you grew something nice.