Friday, April 23, 2010

rocket


Wow! Looks like a lightning bolt out of the blue. But actually it was the smoke trail from the latest Atlas V rocket launch. The setting sun which was behind me really illuminated the smoke trail real good and made it look like a lightning bolt.


If you look close, you can see the trail between the tree and the electric pole. I was so busy taking pictures of the smoke trail that I missed seeing the flames from the rocket. Mary said that she could see the rocket. As the rocket continued to climb the smoke trail became less bright.


At this point the upper trail was faint but the lower trail remained bright. There was a trail below a cloud (the brighter one) and another trail above the cloud (fainter). I darkened the picture below to show the fainter trail better.


It is actually quite exciting to live even this close to the rocket launches. Those poor people on Long Island don’t get to experience it. I am hoping that Seaside will come up with some better pictures of the launch than I was able to get. She lives very close to the rocket launches and I am surprised that she doesn’t have tourists sitting on her lawn in lawn chairs with binoculars to watch the launch. That may be a bit of an exaggeration but not much.


Tonight for supper was homemade crab cakes from scratch. It is a lot of work for Mary to make these but it is Friday and that means fish of some kind. We also had Pasta Parmesan which was a good complement to the crab cake. By the way, for lunch we had some fried chicken at a fast food place. I found mine to be very greasy. I could press the chicken pieces with a plastic fork and the grease ran out. My cholesterol medicine is going to get a workout tonight. But the seasoning on the chicken was good.


Have a good evening and don’t forget that wrestling is on tonight. Did I mention that we are planning on seeing Iron Man 2 when it comes out in May. We haven’t been to the movies in quite a while because there just hasn’t been any movies that we care to see.


Have a nice day and be good. Lew




No comments: