Saturday, April 17, 2010

childhood picture


This picture is probably what I consider as a representative picture of my youth, like when I came with my parents on vacations to Florida, exploring the countryside in my rural town and discovering the beauty of nature, and of course mooching lunch from Mrs. Benson which was always tomato soup and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was truly happy during this period of my life and I have many cherished memories.


Today was big breakfast day and Mary made eggs, sausage, and biscuits. Thanks to the cat wanting to go outside at 5:30 am, I am up and about. The cat must have an internal alarm clock because she wants to go out around the same time each morning. The sun isn’t even close to coming up yet and it is pitch black outside. However, I was fooled by the streetlight outside into thinking that the sun was peeking up over the horizon. The bulb in the streetlight is the sodium vapor type which gives off an orange glow. When seen through a thin window curtain which blurs the image, it looks very similar to an early rising sun.


The cat is getting very finicky in her eating habits. She sticks up her nose to canned cat food which includes Fancy Feast, Whiskers, and Friskies. At lunch time Mary will give her table scraps. Well, actually sometimes not really table scraps because if we are having a sandwich, Mary will give her a slice of the deli meat such as smoked deli sliced turkey which she loves. I think that she prefers the smoked sliced turkey over her cat food and I have to agree with the cat. If I had a choice between smoked turkey and cat food, I would choose the turkey also. Such a spoiled cat. Such a lucky cat.


Today is another day and I wonder what adventures await me today. Although I may have absolutely nothing planned for the day, something always comes up to fill the day. I know one thing that I won’t be doing today and that is watching Judge Judy at 4:00 because her show isn’t on the television on weekends. She definitely has a sharp wit about her. It is time to close. And what are my words of wisdom for today? Set up the T.V. tables in the living room and have supper while watching your favorite television program. Make a little fun adventure out of it. Lew


1 comment:

seaside said...

I passed your note and picture on to Lillian. She is sending her tulip pictures which is plugging up my computer, but I believe it will be worth the effort. Today,Mom and I had hotdogs and potato salad. The weather is grey and not so pretty today. I like your youth pictures because I think you were a cute kid. Rain coms tomorrow and hopefully the shuttle ccmes back on Monday. As long as I have my coffee, I don't mind it not being light yet. When the sun comes I know the worlds an oyster and I can try to do something good for it.