Wednesday, September 7, 2011

resurrection fern?

 
 This is a camphor tree in the backyard.   It smells like a cough drop.   Really!   That is Mary behind the tree working in what I call her plant ICU (Intensive Care Unit).   This is where she gives extra special attention to plants that aren't doing too well until they recover.
 There are all kinds of things growing on the tree, like mosses and a bunch of other stuff that I don't know what they are.   Like this weird thing.   It looks like something that a sasquatch might eat.

But as I looked closer at this stuff growing on the tree I spotted what might be a resurrection fern growing.   It just might be what I have been looking for.   But I am not sure.

Can you see it?   No?   Here is a close-up of it.   What do you think?    Is it a resurrection fern?   I am not real sure.
Please make a comment if you know what it is.   Thanks.    Lew

No comments: