Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Day and A New Year



Happy New Year to one and all. Hopefully this new year of 2010 will be even better than 2009. With the economy starting to turn around, maybe things will start to get back to normal. The strange thing is that with such a bad economy, they are still building brand new big luxury homes here in Orlando.

The picture above is a jigsaw puzzle that I recently did. Because I had really struggled with it Mary put it into a picture frame for me. This way if I want to look at the picture puzzle, I won’t have to reassemble it. I used a special glue from the arts and craft store to lock the pieces together befor putting it into the frame. The puzzle was mounted onto a piece of blue poster board to give a pretty background for the puzzle to rest on. Mary mounted the puzzle for me because she has a much better artistic eye than I.



The puzzle was a struggle because the pieces were small and very thin. Plus they all had a similar shape. I got the puzzle because it was a picture of postage stamps which I like.

The fireworks in the neighborhood started early on New Year’s eve. They began around 7:00 pm and building to a crescendo at midnight. I stepped outside once and the smoke and smell of gunpowder hung like a pall in the air. I thought to myself that this is what it must have smelled like when cannons were used in warfare.

But now the struggle begins to write 2010 onto checks instead of 2009. It takes me a while to get in the habit of writing the new date and just about when I am finally comfortable with it, along comes a new year and the struggle starts anew.

Have a great day and an even greater year to come. I wonder what awaits us all in this coming new year. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

I heard this year is The Year of the Tiger in Chinese new years. This falls on Valentine's day. This will give you a double reason to celebrate. My sister was glad to see the fireworks overwith. She says it spooks her animals. I did see the ball drop from Time Square on television. Someone outside yelled"Happy New Year" two minutes till midnight.