Tuesday, November 9, 2010

thirsty


I went outside early in the morning before the sun came up to get some pictures of the moon when I noticed some movement on the roof of Mary's car. It was so dark that I could barely make out that it was Tammy the cat. The flash from the camera really lit her up in the picture. Just look at her reflection in the roof of the car. It looks as if there is another cat walking upside down underneath her and they are touching paws. I had seen paw prints on the cars but I had always thought that it was the feral cats. Surely our cat would not be walking around on the cars leaving paw prints. But the photograph is undeniable. Actually it is probably all of the cats doing it. I snapped some more pictures of her but I couldn't tell what she was doing or exactly where she was doing on the roof of the car. It wasn't until after I had downloaded the pictures that I saw that she was lapping the moisture from the morning dew on the car.

I don't know why she is doing this because she has a water bowl in the garage, a water bowl beside the well, and a bird bath full of water.

She even prefers the dry hard meal cat food to canned cat food. I can't figure it out. But as the expression goes, "whatever makes her happy".


Today is Tuesday and we usually go to the movies on Tuesday. But today there isn't anything playing that we care to see so we are going to Denny's for lunch instead as our treat. The side salad at Denny's is so large that it is like a dinner salad. I always get it as one of my two sides. It sure beats getting green beans or cooked okra as a side. My other side is usually a starch like mashed potatoes (with extra gravy on them) or french fries drowning in ketchup.


Mary is slowly recovering from her wounds she received when she tried to pick up one of the feral kittens.


The kitten may be a little bit too old to try and tame. It is such a cute kitten until you try to touch it. Look but don't touch as they say. We like this kitten because she looks so much like our cat Tammy. In fact so similar that when the kitten becomes an adult we may have difficulty telling the difference between the two. Have a nice day today and do something special that is also fun to make it a truly fun day. Lew

No comments: