Thursday, November 18, 2010

the Carpenters


Mary and I went to the movies on Tuesday and saw the new science fiction movie Skyline. It was pretty good with lots and lots of action scenes. The special effects were really good also. I am just baffled at how they make the special effects appear so realistic. The movie did remind me a lot of the science fiction movie Independence Day but Skyline is still well worth seeing.

We saw the movie at a multi-plex at the mall. Each time we go to the mall I keep seeing this reserved parking space sign.

Now, I am use to seeing the reserved parking spaces for the police and the fire department, even the Employee of the Month reserved parking space. But this space was reserved for the Carpenter family. I was puzzled. Did they own the shopping center? I noticed on the sign that the reserving of the space had expired in 2008, but still I don’t park there. I don’t want to take a chance on getting towed because that is a pretty expensive proposition.


Besides, there was already a car parked there. Could it be one of the Carpenters? The parking space is almost always empty.


After the movie as we were walking through the parking lot to our car, I saw a mall security vehicle. I went over to the security vehicle and talked to the security guard about the sign. They told me that the reservation had expired and that anybody could park there. They said that they thought that originally the people had paid to have a reserved parking space. So rest assured that from now on I will check out this expired reserved parking space and park up nice and close to the mall entrance. Who knows, maybe people will think that I am a member of the Carpenter family. Have a nice day. Lew (a.k.a. Carpenter).

No comments: