Friday, November 27, 2009

golden turkey




It was 6:00 am on turkey day and it was time to put the turkey into the oven. Mary had done all of the preparations on the turkey the night before and had it sitting in a large roasting pan ready to go. All that I had to do was move the turkey from the refrigerator to the oven and “set it and forget it” as they say. It was a 13 lb. turkey so it was going to take a while to bake. The table is set and finally the turkey is done. I am hungry and ready to eat.

Everything turned out just right and done to perfection. The potatoes that were cut up and baked were especially good.
Actually, everything was good. And now it is time
to eat.

I know that the plate is turned the wrong way. I turned it around so that the meat was facing me. As you can see by the pile of dressing, I really like dressing. Cranberry sauce too. When I use to go to Morrison’s cafeteria and got their turkey dinner meal, they would give a teeny weenie container of cranberry sauce. The container was a small paper pill cup that nurses bring the pills to patients in. We both ate heartily of our Thanksgiving day repast and tried to save room for dessert which was pumpkin pie.

After cutting our piece of the pie, I put a mountain of real whip cream on top of the piece of pie. We had our Thanksgiving dinner at lunch time and then repeated the whole turkey meal again at suppertime. Today for lunch it will be turkey sandwiches and supper will be turkey once again. I really like turkey and so it is pretty hard for me to get tired of it. We will get many meals out of our turkey. I hope that everyone had an equally enjoyable meal. Even the cat and the dog had turkey. Such pampered pets. Tammy woke me up to go outside at 5:30 am this morning. Usually she gets me up at 4:30 am to go outside so I guess that she slept in a little. I went ahead and stayed up making myself a cup of coffee. Then around 6:00 am I heard a terrible cat fight in the garage. I ran to the door and when I opened it Tammy ran into the house. I couldn’t see the other cat. Now she has a sore right leg and holds it up when she sits and sometimes she won’t step on the right leg but at other times she will. I think that we have some bully cats in the area. But we are letting her recuperate by sleeping on the bed which she is currently happily doing. Such a pampered kitty. It is cold out today which should put the black Friday Christmas shoppers in the Christmas spirit. I am not going shopping today because of the crowds. Have a nice day and enjoy your turkey sandwiches. Lew

No comments: