Monday, October 10, 2011

the brain from outer space

I went out to the mail box and saw this "thing" on the ground.   From a distance it looked like something from one of those old science fiction movies like "The Brain From Outer Space".   Not knowing what it was, I approached it cautiously.

As I got close to it I realized that it was just a large mass of numerous toadstools.   But it does look like something out of those sci/fi monster movies. 

I have never seen anything like this before.   But what the heck, this is Florida and most everything grows in Florida.   We have had a few days of constant rain which makes the fungi grow.   I bet that I have seen at least 6 or 7 different varieties of toadstools in the yard at one time or another.   Even Tammy our cat had to come over and check it out.

Whenever our cat sees me doing something in the yard she always has to come over to me to check on what I am doing.   The proverbial "curiosity of a cat".   Is everyone getting ready for the cooler temperatures of fall?   After a hot steamy humid summer here in tropical Florida, I am looking forward to the cooler weather.   Not a believer in global warming?   Come to Florida in August.   As Buster Poindexter sings, "hot, Hot, Hot".    Stay cool and be cool.    Lew








No comments: