Thursday, August 26, 2010

the day after


Today is the day after, the day after my birthday that is. These are the presents that I got. Lots of neat stuff. The cake was a chocolate carvel ice cream cake. There was a layer of Oreo cookie crumbs in the middle of the cake. The Oreo cookie crumbs is the darker layer.


These are the multitude of presents that Mary got me.


A new green polo shirt and a set of high tonal quality headphones. Plus a photo editing program for doing all kinds of neat things with pictures. And a couple of Meat Loaf CD's. All-in-all it was a pretty good haul. We are going to go on a dinner cruise on the boat Rivership Romance which cruises the St. Johns river near Orlando (actually Sanford).


It is a three hour cruise and they serve these fantastic gourmet meals. They even serve all-you-can-eat appetizers before the meal at an appetizer buffet.


This is the beef dish that Mary and I are going to have. Look good?

They also have chicken dishes, and pork dishes, as well as vegetarian dishes. All gourmet and all served very elegantly. We are looking forward to it. How much does it cost? Well, for me it is free. They sent me an email giving me a free cruise and meal with no strings attached for my birthday. For Mary it will cost $38. So in essence it is $38 for the two of us which is a pretty good deal.

I also got a nice medal from Villager and Seaside. The medal has an image of a buffalo on it.

Time to go. Have a nice day and if you live in Florida, try to stay dry with all of the rain that we have been having. Hey, if you don't like rain, go to Arizona, but then you won't have the magnificent ocean or Disney and all the other attractions. Take care and be good. Lew

No comments: