Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

 
Hope that everyone had a happy and joyous 4th of July.   Here in Florida I was worried about the 4th of July celebrations.   Why?   Because in summer it rains a lot here in Florida and that would throw a damper onto any fireworks show.   And it rained in the afternoon.   Fortunately, the rain stopped and the evening skies were lit up with all kinds of rockets that were set off by neighbors.   Seems expensive to me but they must enjoy it.   They must be in a recession instead of a depression.   What's the difference between a recession and a depression?   A recession is when the other guy is out of work.   A depression is when I am out of work.   Now that is a pretty simple definition.    How about this 4th of July cupcake.   Look good?   I bet that it tasted even better than it looks.   I like the tri-color swirl through the cake portion.
 
Are you hungry yet?   I am.    Well, there were so many neighbors setting off fireworks that when I stepped out onto the front porch there was a smoky haze everywhere.  The  strong smell of gunpowder was pervasive.    It reminded me of the movie Apocalypse Now and the scene with Robert Duvall standing on the beach during a battle saying I love the smell of napalm in the morning.  
 
He sure would have liked to have stood on the front porch with me saying I love the smell of gunpowder.  
What do you think?   Sound reasonable?  
Have a nice day this 5th of July and get some of those 4th of July cupcakes that are now reduced to 50% off.    Good eating.     Lew


No comments: