Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Disney magnets

I like going to Disney World so I got an annual pass.    An annual pass has a lot of perks:   free admission, free parking, discounts at some of the restaurants and gift shops, and just an all-around good thing to have.
I forgot to mention that you get to enter the park through a special line that is just for annual passholders.   I don't have to stand in the long lines with everyone else.
Oh, and I also got a free wristband that does the same thing as showing my card for admission and discounts.   Technology is amazing.
About a week or so after getting my annual pass I received a welcome card for becoming an annual passholder.
Attached to the card was a Disney PASSHOLDER magnet on it.
I had seen these magnets on the backs of vehicles and so I decided to put mine on the tailgate of my pick-up truck.   Now the whole world knows that I am an annual passholder.
The magnet is a rubberized magnet and sticks real well to the tailgate.   No problems with it until recently.   I was at Hollywood Studios at Disney World.   When I returned to my vehicle in the parking lot I noticed that my magnet was gone from the upper left corner of the tailgate.
Instead, it was now in the lower right hand corner and upside-down.   The magnet would not have fallen off while parked.   It might while I am driving but not while I am parked.   Perhaps a child saw it and took it off and the parents told the child to put it back.   That is the best speculation that I can think of.
I returned the magnet to its rightful place of upper left corner and decided to secure it a little better to my tailgate.   I know. it looks as though I riveted the magnet to the tailgate.  
But it isn't really rivets, it is little tiny powerful rare earth magnets.   This should make it a little more difficult to get off.
Each year they send me a new magnet.   Plus throughout the year they give special ones out to Annual Passholders in a theme park.
At Epcot I got two for their flower festival: one of Mickey and the following month one for Minnie.
Recently I got one of Donald Duck.
By the way, these magnets make great refrigerator magnets.   How do I know?   Yep, there is one on my refrigerator door. 
Well, that was my adventure with my special Disney magnets.   Have a great day filled with lots of fun things which is easy to do when you visit Disney World.   Lew

1 comment:

HappyHippyMama said...

Passholders flip each others magnets to see a "hi"