Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Stay the Course

In the movie The Patriot starring Mel Gibson there is a line that is used twice in the movie:  "Stay the course."  
I like the phrase and I think that it means to stay on track of what you are doing and don't give up.   A nice phrase that I have adopted at times.   The movie was great and I have rewatched it a few times.
I was recently at Epcot at Disney World.   I visited The American Adventure.
People wait in a huge lobby for the next show to start.   The lobby is really nice.   There are really nice large pictures on the walls depicting various moments in American history.
I saw one picture of ships at sea.   It looks as if the ships are in a storm.
I looked at the brass plaque at the bottom of the picture and the painting is named Staying the Course.   So I assume that the phrase Stay the Course is a nautical one.
If you like watching old movies that are really good, try watching the movie The Patriot once again.   It is probably available at your local library for check-out.   Take are and have a healthy and happy life and Stay the Course.   Lew

No comments: