Friday, June 15, 2018

Himalayan Salt

Himalayan Salt.    
I have seen the lamps made out of pink Himalayan Salt in stores and gift shops.
They do have a nice glow when the bulb is lit.    They make a nice accent light (is "accent" the right word).
I was at the grocery store and I saw a display of potato chips with different types of seasonings on them.
There were three different types.   The Red Curry Coconut.   I see that red pepper.   A definite "NO".  
Then there is the Lime and Cracked Pepper.   I find this one sort of "iffy".
And then there was Himalayan Salt.
I guess that I am going to get a bag and try them just to see what they are like.   Perhaps I will feel like a Sherpa climbing Mt. Everest.   LOL.   I read on the internet that the salt is actually mined in Pakistan near the Himalayas.   Close enough for me.
They even sell the Himalayan Salt in stores as a salt for food.   I wonder if the impurities that give the salt that pink color alter the taste of the salt.   The crystal of the Himalayan Salt look like they might be a bit large for use as a table salt.   Perhaps a salt grinder may make the crystals smaller.

Has anyone tried this Himalayan salt?   I will try it but I will probably end up sticking with the old fashioned Sodium Chloride (NaCl, table salt).   Have you seen anything different and a little bit adventurous in the grocery store lately?  The store that I go to always seems to have interesting things that I haven't seen before.   Have a great day.   Lew

1 comment:

Brand Promo 101 said...

Great post about salt. In Salt Industry the StandardSalt is the recommended Himalayan Salt Manufacturers company known as bulk and wholesale supplier from Pakistan to the worldwide salt industry.