Sunday, April 8, 2018

Passengers Movie

Our library system in Orlando is great.   I can check-out DVD movies for free.   Really great.    And they have a tremendous selection of movies.   I can go to the library website and search for a particular movie.   The search will even tell me which branches of the library have the particular movie that I am searching for.   And if the library branch that has the particular movie that I am searching for is located on the other side of town, I can request that it be delivered to me.   A driver brings the movie right to the house.   Now how is that for service.   Great.   But we were at our local branch library and looking at the DVD movies available.   We saw one that looked interesting.   It was called Passengers.
It is about a space ship transporting humans in suspended animation.   Sort of like in the movie Alien.  
But in this sci-fi movie there isn't any space monsters or people being shot with laser blasters or hacked on by light sabers......   It is more of a nice quiet movie with lots to think about.
The movie came out in 2016 and I don't know why I didn't see it in the movie theaters.   Movies are always better on the big screen.
If you haven't seen the movie and your local library has DVD's then check it out.   I give it a thumbs up.
And the special effects are really good also.
Get yourself a bag of Wise brand popcorn and enjoy the movie.   Why Wise brand popcorn?   Because I have been eating Wise potato chips as far back into my childhood as I can remember.   And I still eat them preferentially today.   That is why I mentioned the Wise brand.   Just out of nostalgia.  And yes, I agree, the absolute best popcorn is fresh popped popcorn in the movie theater.   And don't forget the salt and butter. What is your favorite brand of potato chips?
Have some fun and make tonight movie night in your household.   Lew

No comments: