Monday, March 12, 2018

Frushi

Frushi.   Looks like sushi except instead of raw fish and rice, it is fresh fruit and rice.   Maybe because it is raw (fresh) fruit that the dish can have a name similar to sushi.
I must admit that it looks good.  It is made with Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry, and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice and, it's sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream with a bit of Raspberry Sauce on the side. 
Actually, I was really never big on eating raw fish anyway.   This dish is being served at a walk-up food kiosk named Hanami at the Japan pavilion in Epcot at Disney World.
So how much for three Frushi rolls?   See for yourself in the picture below of the Menu Board.
If you aren't able to read the menu board because you are viewing this on your celfone making the print too small, the price is $5.95, which is a good price.    And yes, this is going onto my "Bucket List".   Things to do before I "kick the bucket".   So far I am up to age 90 before I can complete everything on my Bucket List.   And the list is growing.   The secret to growing old, Keep adding things to your bucket list.
I had never heard of Frushi before.   An interesting concept for the squeamish and those who grimace while watching Andrew Zimmerman on Bizarre Foods.
Has anyone had Frushi?   Any sushi lovers?    Now here is one for Andrew Zimmerman, hot dog sushi.   To the best of my knowledge this is not served at Disney World.   I just got the pictures off of the internet as a curiosity.
 
Pigs in a blanket are good with lots of mustard, but I am not sure about the hot dog sushi.   Plus I would hope that it has been thoroughly cooked, not raw or right out of the fridge.   Have fun today and if you can find it, some frushi.   Lew  
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-hanami/

No comments: