Friday, March 30, 2018

Mea Culpa

I decided to go to Disney World a few days ago.   The traffic was horrible due to construction, especially on Disney World property.  I had my blue magic band on which has some sort of powered chip in it.   It gets me into Disney World theme parks.
To enter the park you have to hold the wristband up to a scanner so that it can read the chip.
I also have to put my finger on the finger scanner.   The finger scanner compares my finger scan to the one that they have on file for me.
The lights on the scanners are white.   If everything is alright the lights turn green and I can pass.
The light turned blue.   I have never had the light turn blue before.   The attendant cast member asked me to scan my annual pass card instead of the wristband to see if that would work.
So I got out my card and tried that.
Yep, I got the blue light again.   The cast member attendant said for me to wait.   He raised his right arm straight up and clenched his fist.   Stood there like that not saying anything else to me.
A supervisor shows up and asks me what kind of annual pass that I had.   I told him that it was a Florida resident week-day pass.    He was holding what looked like an I-pad.   He said that today was in a black-out period.   I went to guest services and talked to a manager who also told me that there was a block-out period because of spring break for the schools.   I asked him when the block-out period ended and he told me April 6.   He gave me a small booklet which had the block-out dates listed in it.
 
 
I have the day of the months that I can use my pass posted on a bulletin board by the computer.   The dates in green are the dates that I can go to Disney.   And as you can see March 27 is not green.   I was overly confident and did not check the calendar.   So I had a pleasant drive down to Disney and back through terrible traffic.    You won't need to tell me to check the calendar of dates before I go.   I won't make that mistake again.   As they say, "Experience is the best teacher".   Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.   Lew

 

No comments: