Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Tiangong-1 reentry

Living in central Florida I get to see a lot of satellites go up on the nose of rockets.   Now I am waiting to see if I just might see the Chinese Space Station Tiangong-1 streak across the sky in a ball of fire.   Should be able to see it whether it is daytime or nighttime.   
I am following the decay of orbit on a website n2yo.   I watch for the perigee of orbit (lowest point) as it get lower and lower as the orbit decays.   As you can see the orbit will start plummeting around  03-29-2018 which is tomorrow.  
Once it burns-up and gone I wonder if the price of the plastic model kits of Tiangong-1 will skyrocket because now they are collector's items.  
Has anyone seen the price of the plastic model kits for airplanes, ships, etc lately?   More than I care to pay.    The link below is to the n2yo site where you can get up-to-date information on the status of Tiangong-1.    Keep looking up.   Lew


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: