Friday, May 18, 2018

Break-Away Cakes

Breakaway cakes.   These are made by putting cupcakes all together and then generously icing over all of the cupcakes.   This is great for children because they can just grab a cupcake and enjoy.
This is a favorite breakaway cake at Christmas.   Isn't this a nice one.   Our local grocery store chain has them.   I always thought that it was such a novel idea.
But how about a breakaway donut.   I had never heard of one until this week when I visited a WAWA gas station.  
Yes, WAWA.   Sounds like a baby asking for something to drink.   But actually the station is named after WAWA, Pennsylvania.   This is one of those stations where they have all kinds of coffee already brewed.   It is really large inside.   That is where I saw breakaway donuts.
I know, the sign says pull-apart donut.   But I prefer to call it breakaway donut because it looks like little cupcakes in shape and reminds me of the breakaway cakes that I have seen in the stores for a number of years.    Did I get one?   I wanted to but I passed on it.   It sure does look good.   This is the first time that I have ever seen such a donut.   Has anyone else seen one?   If you see them, get one and don't forget to break the little pieces off of the donut.   Sure beats a plain cake donut.   Take care.   Lew

No comments: