Sunday, January 14, 2018

Pride Rock

Pride Rock.   Ever heard of it?   If you are young or young enough at heart to watch Disney movies like The Lion King then you will have heard of Pride Rock.

In the movie The Lion King Pride Rock is a group of rocks where a Pride of Lions and thus the name Pride Rock.
I recently went to see the Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World.   It was really a spectacular show.   And it lasted for 30 minutes which also made it well worth waiting for.   After all, who likes waiting in line for a quickie ride.
Pride Rock was featured throughout the show with the lion on it making movements and expressions most all of the time.    It was a nice touch.
There is a Broadway musical The Lion King which I am sure must be a lot longer than 30 minutes, but the show at Animal Kingdom was just fine for me.
Plus at Disney after the show there is an African themed restaurant called Tuskers featuring African foods located right next to the Festival of the Lion King.   And it is a buffet.
A nice place to sit and relax in air conditioning on a hot summer day while having a sumptuous meal.    After a lot of walking and a lot of waiting in lines for the rides it just feels so good just to sit and relax.
Their menu I am not familiar with except the rotisserie chicken because I have not eaten there recently.
And remember it is a buffet with lots of food.
Remember when I said above that I was familiar with their rotisserie chicken?   I worked at Tusker House at one time and they were noted for their rotisserie chicken.   Yes, I really did work at the restaurant for a while because I was on light duty due to a knee injury.   But normally I worked in the It's Tough to be a Bug show, also called A Bug's Life.   I loved working at the Disney World Animal Kingdom.   It is the most fun job that I have ever had.   All of the guests (customers) were happy, all my fellow cast members (employees) were super pleasant and nice, and the managers were great and kind.   My name badge.
The Tusker House restaurant was closed for some time while it was refurbished and it was reopened as a buffet.   I would recommend dining there because of the wide selection of different foods.
But let's get back to Pride Rock.   There is another Pride Rock at Disney.   I had to go through training in Animal Kingdom.   On my first day my trainer contacted me and told me to meet her at 8:00 am at Pride Rock.    I said fine but what and where is Pride Rock.   She said that it was the cast members (employees) cafeteria in Animal Kingdom.   She gave me directions on how to get there and so I met her at Pride Rock (cafeteria building).   Notice the pine tree in the background in the picture below towering above the roof of Pride Rock (cafeteria).   It isn't really a pine tree.   It is a communications tower designed to look like a pine tree.   Sure fooled me until someone told what it really was.




Both on-stage and back-stage cast members use the cafeteria.   So now we all know about the various Pride Rocks.   There is so much more to tell but I think that it is time to wrap this blog up.   Have a pleasant day.   Lew

 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments: