Thursday, January 25, 2018

Mangos and Coke

A long time ago on a warm summer day in Miami, FL I had parked my car and was walking toward the Miami Science Museum.

I was going to see a show at the Miami Space Transit Planetarium which is part of the Science Museum.

There are lots of mango trees on the grounds of the Science Museum and they always seem to produce a bumper crop of mangos.

I heard a thud noise and looked to my left to see that a mango had fallen to the ground from a tree.  

I picked it up and saw that it had split open.   I had never eaten a mango before and so I decided to sample this one since it had a split in it from the fall.   I took out my pocketknife and cut it completely open.   It was delicious.  

Being that it had fallen, it was dead ripe and at its maximum sweetness.   Plus the warmth made it taste even sweeter.    It tasted like a peach but with more peachy flavor than a peach.   I have been a lover of mangos ever since.   Yes, I know that a mango is probably more like a stringy peach.   I saw that recently that Coca Cola has come out with a new line of diet cokes.  

I was at Walmart yesterday and they had a display of these new diet cokes.   The cans were singles and cost 78 cents.   I picked up a can of the Twisted Mango and put it into the refrigerator to get nice and cold.   This morning I tried it and I could taste the mango flavor but the Mango flavor and the coke flavor didn't seem to mix well for me.   It was quasi good but I don't think that I would get it again.   Other people may like it.   Maybe the Zesty Blood Orange will be better.  But, I think that Coke should have used a name without the word blood in it.   I will probably end up trying the Ginger Lime and Zesty Cherry just to see what they are like.   Has anyone else tried any of the new flavored diet cokes?   Have a pleasant day.    Lew

 

1 comment:

Lillian said...

Blood orange is a thing. They look like regular oranges on the outside, but are red on the inside - darker than pink grapefruit. They taste like regular oranges to me. I guess I shouldn't say regular oranges. I usually eat navel oranges, but they taste the same to me as other types of oranges. The first time I had one I was in Germany, but the blood oranges had come from Spain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_orange