Sunday, May 13, 2012

Space Station

N2YO.com

I came across this site quite a while back and thought that it was pretty neat.   It shows on a map where the space station is currently located in its rotation around the earth.   How do you like the little space station icon for current location.
The best viewing for me is going to be on Tuesday morning 5/16 at 6:42 am.
I will be sure to step outside at that time to view it. Tammy the cat usually wakes me up between 5:15 am and 5:30 am to go outside. I am looking forward to trying to spot it because once when I was in Oak Ridge, Tennessee a long time ago I saw the space shuttle go over and it was so bright and it moved fast so that it was easy to spot by its movement. (was that a run-on sentence?   Any English teachers out there?)
You can change the map to satellite.
And even hybrid. It's a fun site.

Let me know if you actually see the space station when it passes over you.  It should be fun and a bit of an adventure in trying to spot the space station going by overhead.    As Neil deGrasse Tyson says, "Keep looking up."   Lew

No comments: