Saturday, June 25, 2011

the stent




The stent was not any ordinary stent but the newest and top-of-the-line Ion stent. Wow! (I think). I spent Friday getting a stent put into one of my coronary arteries. I had to stay in the hospital overnight and eat the hospital food. But I am home now, and glad of it. It is nice to be in familiar surroundings.


These stents have always reminded me of the old Chinese finger locks. Remember those? When I encountered one of these toys for the first time as a child I pulled like crazy but was unable to remove my fingers. And of course the harder that I pulled the tighter that the Chinese finger locks grip my finger. Finally someone took pity on me and released me from this device. Well, have a good day. As for me, every day that I am above ground is a good day thanks to the cardiologist and the stent. As Mr. Spock would say "Live long and prosper". Lew

No comments: