Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Santoku


Why does a santoku knife cut so thin. The only difference that I can see are the shallow grooves along the blade. Does anyone have any ideas? The name sounds oriental.

Mary got one included with a knife set that she got a while back. She really likes the knife and agrees that it does cut really thin.


I have also seen in the stores that you need a special knife sharpener to sharpen the knife. I don't have one but I guess that I will have to get one someday. But as procrastinators always say, "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow". So I will get the special knife sharpener someday, just not today. And as I always say "Have a great day for those of us in Florida and for those living up north (especially Long Islanders) keep shoveling snow from the driveway. Lew

No comments: