Monday, October 1, 2018

Casey's Corner Disney World

Hot dogs.   I love hot dogs.    When I go to Disney World's Magic Kingdom I invariably eat lunch at a counter-service restaurant called Casey's Corner. 

 I assume that it got its name from the old poem Casey at the Bat.  
A great poem that was required reading in High School (or maybe it was Junior High).   The cast members (employees) all wear the old style of baseball uniforms.  
And what is traditional to eat at baseball games?   Yep, hot dogs.    So I get it:  Casey's Corner  a Casey at the Bat a Baseball a Hot Dogs.   No hamburgers.   No meatball subs.   Just hot dogs.   All kinds of hot dogs.
I like the chili cheese dog best.
They also have foot long hot dogs.   I once got a foot long chili  cheese dog at Casey's.
The two little things of ketchup are for my french fries and not the hot dog.   I tried ketchup on a hot dog once and found the taste to be terrible.   I am strictly mustard for a plain hot dog.   The chili cheese dog already has a really good chili topping.   But the foot long was enormous and just too big for me.   Plus the french fries.   I couldn't eat the french fries and so I fed them to the birds and ducks.   Last week I went to Magic Kingdom and once again I had a chili cheese dog (standard size) with french fries.   They have indoor dining but that fills up pretty quickly.
They have outside dining which is where I sat to eat my hot dog.
I sat next to the wrought iron fence.   And along came a duck.   A female mallard looking at me eagerly wanting some food.   What could I do, there went my french fries which she enjoyed immensely.
On my next visit I will be getting their specialty hot dog for October which is the loaded mashed potato hot dog.   The toppings are garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, cheddar, bacon, scallion sour cream, and green onion.   This will definitely be a gastronomic adventure.
Disney always keeps coming up with new things which is why I keep coming back.   And what's next?   Maybe the two foot long hot dog that Casey's Corner had for a limited time.   Looks like something from the Man vs Food television show.   LOL.
Have a great day.   Lew

1 comment:

Lew said...

I went to Casey's Corner yesterday at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World and got their Loaded Mashed Potato Hot Dog to see what it was like. It was definitely loaded with a lot of good things and was quite filling. The garlic mashed potatoes were tasty with the flavor of the garlic coming through nicely and not overpowering. I don't know if the mashed potatoes were real or instant. I lean a little bit toward instant because of the smooth texture. Does anyone know for sure? It was good but I prefer their chili dog. Bon apetite. Lew