Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lobster Thermidor

Lobster Thermidor.   I recently saw on the internet Disney Food Blog that the Grand Floridian Hotel in Disney World is offering a Disney Thermidor hamburger.   The Grand Floridan Hotel looks to be styled after the Hotel del Coronado located in San Diego.
HOTEL DEL CORONADO

GRAND FLORIDIAN
Do you see the similarities?
But a lobster thermidor hamburger.    I have heard of lobster thermidor but never a lobster thermidor hamburger.  What does it look like?    Here it is.
So much lobster in it.   I hope that the hamburger meat doesn't interfere with the flavor of the lobster.   How much is a lobster thermidor hamburger?
Did I mention that it comes with French fries?
 
Does it seem pricey?   Not really.   I usually pay $12.95 for a hamburger at Disney served cafeteria style.   Plus I have to take the tray with the papers and left-overs to a garbage can myself.
Does the Hotel del Mar have a lobster thermidor hamburger?   Has anyone ever tried this combination of hamburger + lobster thermidor?   Well, I had two lobster rolls yesterday for lunch and they were good.
They were really quite good.  There was so much lobster in it.   I was quite surprised by how much lobster there was.   I asked the manager if the lobster was real lobster.   He assured me that it was.   He told me that he had made up five cans of the mixture that morning.   This was at a fast-food seafood chain called Captain D's.   I don't know if they are a national chain.
 You're wondering how much it was?   Yep, $3.69 for two of these rolls.   These lobster rolls were just crammed with the lobster filling.   Piled on above the level of the bun.   Quite a bargain.   Definitely got the Grand Floridian beat. 
 
What epicurean adventures have you had lately?   As they say, "Life is too short for cheap wine".   Have a great day.   Lew

No comments: