Thursday, May 13, 2010

Starship Troopers bug


Mary knows that I like to look at different kinds of bugs. She came into the house excitedly telling me to come see the bug on the front steps. She showed me this bug which was at least two inches long. I haven't seen a bug like this before. I don't know what those two large indentations are for. Actually the bug reminds me of the bugs in the sci-fi movie Starship Troopers where humans battle giant bugs

After taking the pictures we just let the bug go on its way. You can get an idea of the size of the bug by comparison to the cement step.

I was at Wal-Mart looking for snack treats for the rabbit. We had been giving the rabbit these golf ball size of balls of compressed grain that were somehow stuck together. I saw a snack treat for rabbits that were called yogurt bits and were suppose to be small hard chunks of yogurt with blueberry mixed in. They looked and smelled good, but the rabbit wasn't interested. I took them out to the squirrel feeder in the tree but the squirrels didn't want them either, so I guess that I will have to throw them away. We have lots of squirrels which are fun to watch. I always put any leftovers that I think that they will eat onto the squirrel feeder. Time to go. Have a nice day and enjoy the weather before it gets real humid and sticky and topped off with hot, hot, hot. Don't forget tomorrows shuttle launch at 2:20 pm. Lew

No comments: