Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ison Center


Here is Mary looking at a World War II jeep and trailer at the senior center that the American Legion had on display. I have seen these jeeps before but this is the first time that I have seen the trailer that was sometimes pulled behind the jeep. The jeep has been very nicely restored and is drivable as evidenced by the license plate on the back.

This individual had on one of the versions of the confederate uniform. He said that he participates in the several historical reenactments that occur in Florida.

This individual is standing next to the gatling gun. He was very knowledgeable about the gun and took the time to explain it to us in detail. He even gave us a demonstration of it by turning the crank so that the barrels rotated and having the firing chamber open so that we could see the actions of the firing pin. Actually, all of the people (about 20) who were putting on the exhibition were knowledgeable and readily explained what they had on exhibition. And everything was free including nice cold sodas on ice. They put on this show once a year here at the senior center. Now I must admit that I didn’t tell them that I was blue belly yankee from New York. I had a great time and it was a lot of fun. May everyone who reads this blog also have a great time today and lots of fun. Mary and I will be running a lot of odds and ends errands today. I try to work outside but I only get in about two hours a day because of the heat. As Buster Poindexter says, it is Hot, Hot, Hot. Lew

1 comment:

seaside said...

Cool exhibit and great pictures.