Monday, March 22, 2010

x-ray markers


The items above are called x-ray markers. They consist of lead letters encased in epoxy. The lead letters “L” and “R” show up on the x-rays and identify the left and right side of the body. The letters of the x-ray technician taking the x-rays are added. The “LD” letters are my initials. These are my personal x-ray markers and were used when I worked in the medical field taking x-rays. How many times have I said “Take in a deep breath and hold it”. X-ray is a very rewarding profession because you are helping people who really need help. I enjoyed working in x-ray and the field of x-ray was good to me also. I feel myself fortunate to have worked at something that I enjoyed doing. Not everyone is so lucky. Oh, by the way “You can breathe now.” Lew

No comments: